Whilst the 2017 tax return deadline has now passed, you can be sure there are some people who have not filed their tax return. It’s therefore not a surprise to hear every year HMRC receive some creative excuses as to why returns have not been submitted on time.
Here are just a few:
1. My tax return was on my yacht…which caught fire.
2. A wasp in my car caused me to have an accident and my tax return, which was inside, was destroyed.
3. My wife helps me with my tax return, but she had a headache for ten days.
4. My dog ate my tax return…and all of the reminders.
5. I couldn’t complete my tax return, because my husband left me and took our accountant with him. I am currently trying to find a new accountant.
6. I couldn’t file my return on time as my wife has been seeing aliens and won’t let me enter the house.
7. I’ve been far too busy touring the country with my one-man play.
8. My ex-wife left my tax return upstairs, but I suffer from vertigo and can’t go upstairs to retrieve it.
9. My business doesn’t really do anything.
10. I spilt coffee on it.If you want a hassle-free experience filing your tax return next year, get in touch!